Welcome to Rhea of Hope!

I am a brand new Blogger who recently discovered a passion for Couponing! I thought it would be fun if we all share ideas, great deals and questions. I hope you join me in my Money-Saving Journey!!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Taco Dip Recipe

For those of you at the coupon class, this is the recipe for Melissa's very popular Taco Dip!
Creamy Taco Dip
Fix and Forget-It Christmas Cookbook

8oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 lb ground beef (I used turkey)
1 envelope taco seasoning
12oz jar salsa
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Garnishes: 4 cups lettuce, shredded; 2 medium tomatoes, chopped; 1 small onion, chopped
tortilla chips

1. In a good sized mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise.  Spread in bottom of lightly greased slow cooker.
2. Brown meat in skillet, breaking up, drain of drippings
2. Mix taco seasoning and salsa into browned meat. Spoon mixture over cream cheese mixture in slow cooker.
4. Sprinkle shredded cheddar on top.
5. Cover. Cook on low 1-2 hours, or until cheese is melted.
6. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and tortilla chips.

Makes 7-8 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment