Welcome to Rhea of Hope!

I am a brand new Blogger who recently discovered a passion for Couponing! I thought it would be fun if we all share ideas, great deals and questions. I hope you join me in my Money-Saving Journey!!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bountiful Basket check out what I got for $16.50!!

I picked up my first Bountiful Basket this morning!  I paid $15 plus $1.50 for handling.  I feel like this was a TERRIFIC value for good quality produce!  Only the bananas are organic. Some places have organic available but we don't here yet.   Here's how it works:
Bountiful Baskets are all over the US, this one in Lacey is new since October, so still getting started.   It is an all Volunteer Co-op. They try to get local produce, but this time of year that is difficult.  They said there will also be more produce in the summer when there is a lot more local produce available.  Some sites have bread, but this one doesn't yet.  They are working on getting bread, maybe honey, etc.
First go online to http://www7.bountifulbaskets.org/ and register.  I don't get referral credits for this....I just think it's a great value if you don't want exclusively organic produce.  If you DO just want organic - check out my post on Terra Organic home delivery from Thursday!!
The site explains it, but then on Monday starting at 11am you can sign up to pick up your Bountiful Basket that coming Saturday.  You have to pay the $16.50 online at that time.  Registration runs until Tuesday evening.  Some sites fill up immediately, this one doesn't - yet.
Then you take a basket or box Saturday morning at 10 to the SPSCC off Marvin and Quinault.  You get your produce.  It's that easy!!  The people there are very nice and they have their kids helping out.  Avery loved it.
She gobbled down 2 kiwis as soon as we got home and we shared a mango - yum!!
The baskets are always different, you don't chose what you want.  And there is more in your basket in the "plentiful" seasons!  This basket I got:
1 lb bag carrots
3 lb bag spanish onions plus one extra
5 lb bag golden seal potatoes
7 kiwi
2 mangos
2 BIG heads of broccoli
8 oz container mushrooms
1 Kabocha squash
4 organic bananas
6 (nice) fuji apples
5 Oranges
6 of another kind of oranges

Let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment