Welcome to Rhea of Hope!

I am a brand new Blogger who recently discovered a passion for Couponing! I thought it would be fun if we all share ideas, great deals and questions. I hope you join me in my Money-Saving Journey!!

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bountiful Basket check out what I got for $16.50!!

The bountiful basket today was great!  I even got some new foods like Bok Choy that I'm excited to cook up tonight and spicy sweet potatoe fries!  There were treats like mangos and strawberries.  All of the food is very fresh.  I still have some from 2 weeks ago and it's still good!  Here is the link to find out more about the bountiful basket co-op: http://www7.bountifulbaskets.org/
* These are all over the US so see if there is one near you
* Some sites offer Organic but ours is new, so none yet
* This is an all-volunteer co-op
* Follow the link to register (easy) then go to the website Monday starting at 11 our time until Tuesday evening.  Click the "participate now" button on the right.  Scroll down until you see your area "Western Washington" for us.  Then choose the number of baskets you want, and enter payment info.  You have to go pickup your produce at the specified time.  Ours is Saturday at 10 in Hawks Prarie at the SPSCC.  The volunteers are so nice!!

*Some sites fill up immediately so sign up early.  Ours is still new so it doesn't fill up (yet).
*You get what you get (and don't throw a fit) :)  You don't chose your produce.  *The baskets vary week to week and there is more produce during the growing seasons when local produce is plentiful.
*They try to use mostly local, but this time of year it's from all over.
If you want only Organic, Terra Organics is a great program!  See my earlier post on them:  http://rheaofhope.blogspot.com/2011/02/terra-organics-delivery.html
*If organic isn't necessary for you, I feel like this is a fantastic buy!!
Let me know your thoughts....

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I found you. This is great. I can't wait til I get a second to explore here a little more. :)Pam

    ReplyDelete