Welcome to Rhea of Hope!

I am a brand new Blogger who recently discovered a passion for Couponing! I thought it would be fun if we all share ideas, great deals and questions. I hope you join me in my Money-Saving Journey!!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

New resource to donate excess food and toiletries - Senior Center!!

When I first started coupon shopping I was in line behind a lady who mentioned she bought food for her mom and mom's friends who were elderly and didn't have money for food after paying for their medications.  I just felt sick.  This lady was also on a budget and she paid quite a bit for the groceries she purchased - and she bought fairly unhealthy food.  I then got my things - lots of it for free or really cheap.  I knew if I continued coupon shopping I would have to help these elderly somehow.  Then Amy mentioned she really wanted to help the elderly with coupon shopping.  Now that I have an abundance of cereal and other things I made the call to the Senior center.  In Olympia they give food and personal care items to elderly who are homeless or can't afford them.  I love getting extra items if I know they are going to someone who needs them!!  The contact person is Glenda and her number is 360-586-6181 x101.

No comments:

Post a Comment