Welcome to Rhea of Hope!

I am a brand new Blogger who recently discovered a passion for Couponing! I thought it would be fun if we all share ideas, great deals and questions. I hope you join me in my Money-Saving Journey!!

Monday, January 31, 2011

An idea for your Top Foods $5/$25 purchase coupon

We got a coupon in last Tuesday's mail with the Top Foods ad for $5/$25 purchase.  I like to use these for good quality meat and organic produce.  You don't find these items on good sales too often.  The produce is organic except the bananas and tomatoes.  And the chicken is Draper Valley - not organic, but I looked it up and it seemed pretty good.  The chickens have "free range access" so who knows what that means, but anyway, it's what I get right now.  Top Foods has great manager meat markdowns - it's getting close to it's sell date so they put instant coupons on the package.  I just freeze or cook it the day I buy it.  So, for all of the above I paid $21 and change, and I think I saved $38 but I'm not positive.  Can't find the receipt.....but I was happy with my savings (that's a lot of chicken!).  I did weigh the produce as I shopped because for max savings it's important to keep your total close to $25.  This coupon would be good for dairy, etc. too.  What are your ideas?  Anyone use the coupon?

No comments:

Post a Comment